Monday, July 20, 2015

How to Rock Out at Vans Warped Tour



Your essentials


·       A light weight backpack
·       WATER (there are refilling stations!!!)
·       Sneakers (already on your feet. . .)
·       A snack
·       3 canned goods per person so you can skip general adm. line. Locate the express entry flag and the Feed Our Children NOW tent will be near it, they will give you an express wristband.
·       Portable phone battery
·       SUNCREEN
·       A sharpie (band members usually have them but just in case)
·       Blood (if you are one of the first 100 to donate blood you get backstage access! Have a photo taken while donating, show it to the MSL tent and you’re in! Parents can donate for you!)


How I Got Two Free Warped Tour 2015 Tickets, And How YOU Can Too

Every year Vans Warped Tour announces its bands that are going to be touring across the country but Vans also announces its sponsors. These are the twitter, facebook, and instagram pages you need to follow. Each sponsor will do promotions for each Warped stop and will give away tickets by following them you won’t risk missing out. I had never thought about this until this year when I luckily saw an ad on my twitter feed asking if I wanted warped tour tickets to the stop of my choice provided by The Truth! As you can see I wasn’t even following them at the time but now I know not to risk it and have followed them and probably will others next year. All I did was give them my name and email and I was on the guest list.



Your Parents Get In Free!


That’s right! At the Nashville Warped Tour date they have a bright green quest list tent, other venues may use the will call box, and this is where I picked up my ticket and where parents check in. Parents get a wrist band so they can go in and out all that they have to do is show their licenses.

How to Navigate


At the entrance and everywhere else they will offer a map and on the back will have the show times for each stage. The first year I went I bought one for $5. Now I just wait until I see a nice looking person that is looking at theirs and politely as to take a picture of it. I was asked my first year and I've seen MANY people besides me do it, so now I save that $5 for a cd. Also the further in you get there is a blow up wall that has all of the stages, performers, and times listed.
            Once you get oriented always check your favorite bands merch tents because if they are doing a signing it’s the one place that will tell you how to get in and times. Some bigger bands require a purchase ahead of time, buy a t-shirt and they usually give you a wristband too, or they specifically sell tickets for the signings. Attila and Pierce the Veil required a prior purchase this year; however Set It Off did not I simply lined up and got a signing but no individual photos. NeverShoutNever sold some “passports” that assured you a meet and greet photo; however Christopher took as many as he could with people without them for an hour. Get informed ASAP at the merch tents and you'll be fine!
            If you find yourself with some time to kill between your must see bands check out somebody on a side stage or you could look for one of the service entrances and try and spot some band members! I met a few different people and was able to spot Black Veil Brides and PVRIS power walk by.


Prices

Parking was $5 at Nashville which is a steal compared to that time in Atlanta my ride stuck me with paying $30 for a spot far away from the venue. That being said if its your first time traffic get crazy but if you’re there even an hour late the venue WILL still have parking don’t settle for someplace before then.
Each band will have different prices for their merch, but if you’re dying to know ahead of time accounts like merch_needs on ig and pupfresh on Tumblr can help you out. Food and drinks are like any festival, overpriced, my chicken tenders, fries, and coke were around $20.
Luckily there’s lots of free stuff too! The official Vans tent has a box of stickers, dig your hand in there and grab a bunch! And Epitaph Records has a sampler CD every year. This year it looked like a pizza! Other tents will give out free posters, bracelets, stickers, and other fun stuff. Keep your eye out for someone handing out Journeys wristbands they are coupons you can use in any Journey store!


Have a good time and mosh on!

Stay connected with me! My Twitter & Instagrams are:
I’m also on the Tube. .  .



No comments:

Post a Comment