Sunday, July 19, 2015

My SWS and PTV Meet and Greet 2015


The World Tour 2015


Picture a moderately warm February afternoon in downtown Atlanta, a line of emo kids lined up around the building, and a moderately shorter line of some more emo kids beginning to wrap around the other end. In the shorter line I stood, after scoring my meet and greet tickets in the November presale, reading myself for my first concert of the New Year.











What was included in the VIP Package


·        Early entry general admission ticket
·        Photos with both bands (was advertized as if a professional camera would be there but they used my phone instead)
·        A VIP lanyard
·        Poster signed by both bands (its unfortunately double sided)




The Bands


First up was Sleeping With Sirens. I hugged them all and they casually said hi and they were calm. Later on stage Kellin said he was feeling sick so I attributed his distantish behavior to that. It was awesome, they thanked me for coming and said have a good time.


Then Pierce The Veil. They were so nice! As soon as I walked over they each hugged me and Mike complemented my hair, Vic called me beautiful! I was freaking out. They thanked me and asked how I was. As I was leaving the tent they said see you soon.


NOTE: In the meet and greet package it was advertised that a professional photographer would take the pictures and later posted to a website we could access. This did not happen and instead they had a regular Joe bloke use my phone to take the pictures and because of that my face looks like a ghost with PTV! So not cool bro. 

Barricade

              
Early entry tickets are usually a standard for meet and greets that way the band get the pictures done before the rest of the crowed swarms in and because of that I was able to get barricade on the left in front of Jamie’s side of the stage. Up first was PVRIS, and they rocked even more than the previous time I saw them at a smaller venue. The Tabernacle provided a larger audience that rocked out when they took the stage. Mallory Knox was the only other opening act and I hadn’t heard of them before then. They are very talented and I was able to meet Mikey and Joe after the show!



Sleeping With Sirens came on before PTV and killed it! They sang lots of classics and great new ones from their new album that hadn’t come out yet at the time. There was lots of smoke, and tall screens set up on stage. During the middle of their set they did an acoustic part that included Roger Rabbit. I was most excited to hear A Trophy’s Fathers Trophy Son and If I'm James Dean.  We Like It Loud was awesome to see live because Kellin used a mega phone for certain parts of the vocals. I wish he had moved around to the sides of the stage more but he made several speeches and in one of them at the beginning of their set he said he was feeling sick but hoped everyone including him would have a great time anyway. The energy was great and the crowed was going crazy. Somehow I managed to catch a pick!


Pierce The Veil took a while to get set up. They had a very large curtain with the classic silhouette on it to shield the entire stage that dropped just as they came on stage. They came out instruments a blazin! Jamie didn’t stop jumping I swear. Somehow the energy increased with PTV and didn’t stop. Bulls In The Bronx was ridiculously amazing and Lynn came on stage for Hold On Till May. The pushing got really bad during their set but I got so caught up during it I didn’t realize how bruised I was until after.


King For A Day
           
The crowd exploded, confetti exploded, I exploded, and all of Atlanta exploded.



It was one of the most amazing concerts I've been too. I can’t wait to see them all again!





Stay connected with me! My Twitter & Instagrams are:
I’m also on the Tube. .  .





 

No comments:

Post a Comment